School Yard Crips as Sharp Dancers

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

School Yard Crips as Sharp Dancers

Unread post by alexalonso » September 16th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Apparently there was a dance Crew in the Mid Town area of Los Angeles that included El Crazy Mike, who eventually formed School Yard Crips. If this information is true, El Crazy Mike is one of the founders of School Yard Crips.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: School Yard Crips as Sharp Dancers

Unread post by TheAngels » September 25th, 2019, 3:25 am

I’ve always wondered about the history of SYC — who started it, when did it start, and how they got their name. I grew up on Longwood Ave in the 90’s, just a few houses down from 17th street. Basically the ground zero of SYC turf.

I know the earliest mention of SYC in the newspapers was in like 81 or 82. I think it was about a shooting at Winchell’s Doughnuts that used to be on Olympic & La Brea. Apparently a Mansfield killed a School Yard, which was the first SYC murdered I think. It was definitely the first SYC murdered by a Mansfield.

I’ve heard people say they started as a dance crew, but that was usually from enemies trying to diss them. Somebody dissing them said they were a roller skating dance crew at World on Wheels... lol... but that can’t be true since SYC was around before WOW opened.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”